Company Number: 3393234
Registered Address: 30 City Road, London EC1Y 2AB
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act, APL Media Limited act as Data Controller.
If you have questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices, and/or if you wish to review or request a copy of your personal information, please email our Data Protection Officer via: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7253 9909.
- APL Media identifies itself as a Data Controller and is registered with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), registration number ZA345047. You may lodge a complaint with the ICO in the event of APL Media’s non-compliance with UK Data Protection law.
- In order to provide services to you as an Event Attendee, we collect and store your name, address, contact details, credit/debit card details, communications preferences, and responses to emails and surveys, such as are necessary for the effective provision of the services.
- The Organisers (or any of its sub-contractors) may collect personal information about you in the following ways
- any data which you provide when you complete and submit an application to register on this website(s) or receive email alerts or other communications from The National Geographic Traveller Food Festival;
- any data that you provide via postings to forums and blogs and any other posting that you make to The Organisers (in such circumstances the information posted by you will, of course, also be available to users of the website throughout the world);
- during any transaction with us; and
- any other data which you provide to the National Geographic Traveller Food Festival when you enquire about our activities, email, telephone or write to us or otherwise provide us with personal information.
- We may also receive information about you from third parties, for example a friend who wants to tell you about one of our websites.
- The Organisers will not give your data to any third parties unless required for the proper administration of the event and for the avoidance of doubt, will never give your personal details to third parties for marketing or other non-essential purposes without your informed consent. We may disclose your personal information to such individuals and/or bodies as necessary to ensure compliance with any applicable law, regulation, legal proceeding or governmental request.
- You have the right to contact us in order to remove consent, to correct, amend, or to erase your personal data at any time, where relevant. Where your information is required for statutory record keeping purposes, we reserve the right under UK Data Protection law not to comply with your request.
- The Organisers use various applications to administer your personal data. We do not use these tools to perform profiling or any kind of automated decision-making about you or your organisation.
- The Organisers will hold your personal data in electronic database form, including the use of cloud-based applications. We make sure to select cloud providers who provide suitable guarantees over the privacy and rights associated with your personal data.
- We will keep your personal data for at least the minimum statutory period allowed, normally in the case of your transaction history, this is 6 years. Please note that The Organisation a legitimate interest in retaining your personal data for legal and financial record keeping purposes.
- In order to administer your account and keep records, The Organisers use 3rd-party providers that host data outside of the EU. All such providers commit to the US-EU Privacy Shield and are committed to keeping your data safe. Where appropriate, the providers align to the ISO 27001 standards of data governance.
- As an integral part of administering the event, The Organisers will keep ticket purchasers informed of relevant news and non-promotional information about the event via email. The Organisers will ask you for your consent to use email for marketing or promotional purposes and will provide the means to opt out at any time.
- In order to make sure we do not bother you with irrelevant emails, we retain your communications preferences on a database that has tools for bulk emailing. Your main contact details will be kept for an indefinite period, or until you inform us that you wish us to erase your data or unsubscribe from National Geographic Traveller Food Festival communications altogether.
- We cannot absolutely guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us via the internet and remind you that you do so at your own risk. All personal details are held on encrypted devices, protected with password protection which where possible is dual-factor authenticated.
This website uses “cookie” technology try to make your experience simple, personalised and meaningful. Cookies are small pieces of information which are issued to your computer or any similar device you use to access the internet e.g. smart phone, tablet or other mobile device when you visit a website and which store and sometimes track information about your use of the website. A number of cookies we use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the website and will last for longer.
- create a specific log-in session for a visitor to the National Geographic Traveller Food Festival website in order that page requests by that visitor are delivered in an effective, secure and consistent manner;
- recognise when a visitor to the National Geographic Traveller Food Festival website has visited before; this means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive to the website and allows us to make sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get;
- customise elements of the promotional layout and/or content of the pages of the website;
- store your product selections to the shopping basket;
- collect statistical information about how our visitors use the website(s) so that we can improve the website(s) and learn which parts are most popular to visitors; and
- Gather information through our advertising partners, about the pages on the National Geographic Traveller Food Festival website(s) that you visit, and also other information about other websites that you visit, so as to place you in an “interest segment”. This information is then used to serve interest-based advertisements which it is believed will be targeted to your interests. Without these cookies, advertisements you encounter will be less relevant to you and to your interests.
We have described the main cookies we use and what we use these for below:
It stores your PHP session ID so we can store data as part of the standard PHP session system. If you are not logged in, it normally stores nothing, except the fact you are not logged in.
Analytics cookies collect anonymised information about your use of the site and the pages you visit, allowing us to see which pages are most popular, as well as general demographics and interest information about visitors to the site. All information gathered is anonymised and aggregated. Staff can’t see the pages which individuals have visited, only the number of people that have visited each page, the average time spent and the average number of pages users visit. These cookies assign you with a unique identifier that isn’t connected to any personal information on our systems and cannot be connected by our staff.
This site uses Google Analytics to track your use of the site. More information about the cookies Google Analytics place on your computer can be found here: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage
We may use advertising cookies to deliver ads that we believe may be of interest to you, to measure and improve the performance of advertising campaigns and to avoid showing you the same ad multiple times. This site uses Google DFP to deliver advertising. More information about the cookies Google DFP places on your device and how to opt out can be found here: https://support.google.com/dfp_premium/answer/2839090?hl=en
This site also uses Facebook cookies to track which pages you visit on our site and show you advertising that we believe may be of interest to you, including on Facebook group websites and apps. We do not receive any personally identifiable information about you from Facebook. More information about the cookies that Facebook places on your device and how they can be controlled can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies/
We may also place third party advertiser cookies on this site to track when a paid promotion has been viewed or when a link on a paid promotional link is clicked.
HOW DO I CONTROL COOKIES?
Further information about the procedure to follow in order to disable cookies can be found on your Internet browser provider’s website via your help screen. You may wish to refer to http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/index.html for information on commonly used browsers. Please be aware that if cookies are deleted or disabled, not all features of the website may operate as intended.
You can opt out of Google Analytics for all websites using this tool:
You can opt out of advertising cookies from Google’s ad services, using this tool:
More information about the cookies that Facebook places on your device and how they can be controlled can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies/
You can see which of the most common third party advertising companies have placed a cookie on your device for the purpose of behavioural advertising, as well as turn these cookies on or off, using these tools: